Naturally Shed Antlers are Nature's Perfect Dog Chew
Elk, Deer, Moose, and other antlered mammals shed their antlers annually.
This process is due to hormone fluctuations which stimulate the shedding of antlers and the re-growth of new ones.
Elk typically shed their antlers in late March and throughout April.
Elk begin the process of re-growing a very similar shaped rack immediately after shedding.
During this amazing growing process, an elk’s antler can grow up to 2” per day.
The new living antler is covered in a fuzzy skin called velvet, until the antler quits growing and hardens at summers' end then blood supplies are cut off and the velvet dies.
Bulls then rub the shedding velvet on trees and shrubs to help slough it off revealing new white antler.
Throughout the fall season Elk rub their racks on trees and shrubs, which gives the antler their beautiful natural color. Where no trees are available, the antler can remain light in color.
The size and shape of an antler is dependent the quality and availability of food, the particular animals health, genetics and maturity.
In contrast to Antler, the horn grown by a Buffalo or Bighorn sheep does not fall off
Why Elk Antler Dog Chews?
- Elk Antlers actually have the largest marrow core in the antler world. It is the marrow center that keeps dogs occupied for hours a day, so choose Elk Antlers over Deer and Moose Antler which are virtually solid!
- Elk antlers are an all-natural and annually renewable resource, unlike Bully-Sticks, Bones, Ears, Raw-hides, etc. that all must come from dead animals!
- Male Elk shed their antlers each spring as part of a natural process. Thus no animals are harmed to collect our Elk Antlers!
- Elk Antlers contain no artificial color or added hormones, antibiotics, animal by-products, steroids or preservatives!
- Elk Antlers are good for the body, as they contain many beneficial bio-nutrients and minerals and promote clean white teeth!
- Antlers are virtually odor & residue free, no mess!
- Unlike bones, fresh Elk Antler Dog Chews are virtually impossible to chip or splinter when they are being chewed! They last longer than you can imagine!
- Our Long-Lasting Elk Antler Chews will provide you and your Dog with countless days and of enjoyment.